First Impressions Count!
First Impressions Count! – In the battle for your customers attention first impressions count!
Here are some key tips to get your emails and messages not only noticed but opened and actioned which after all is the goal!
1) Hook them with a catchy subject line… think funny, controversial or mysterious anything that makes the reader want to click on the messages/email to find out more.
2) Set the tone with a good subject line, make it personal and original not the same generic lines that are used over and over again.
3) Embrace personalisation, use your customers name where possible and tailor the message to them, make them feel as though you have taken the time to write to them personally not just a cookie cutter template message.
4) Don’t be afraid to compliment but do it sincerely and make sure it is something you can back up. This shows you have taken a personal interest in them.
5) Remember that less is more, get to your point in the first couple of lines. People are very time poor and will generally skim messages for the main points, so get to the point quickly.
6) Include your common connections, if you have any common connections with your customer be sure to mention this. This helps build relationship and goes towards your authenticity as a person and a business.
Let me know if you use any of these tips and if they work for you! I have a great free email template for give away so message me if you would like a copy and I’ll get it out to you.